TRANSPORTATION SAFETY INFORMATION REPORT - 1988 ANNUAL SUMMARY
The "Transportation Safety Information Report" is a compendium of selected national-level transportation safety statistics for all modes of transportation and for multimodal transportation of hazardous materials. The report presents and compares data for transportation fatalities, accidents, and injuries for the current and preceding years. The report is based on data input to the Transportation Safety Information System (TRANSIS) by representatives in each of DOT's modal administrations and the National Transportation Safety Board. Featured in this annual report is the summary of modal safety hazards and safety program highlights for 1988, as well as summary charts detailing modal safety trends from 1978 to 1988.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Kelley, J
- Publication Date: 1989-12
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Crashes; Fatalities; Hazardous materials; Highway safety; Highway transportation; Injuries; Multimodal transportation; Pipelines; Railroad transportation; Rapid transit; Safety and security; Statistics; Transportation safety; Trend (Statistics); Water transportation
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Safety and Human Factors; Transportation (General); I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00491311
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-RSPA-89-3, RS909/P9002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1990 12:00AM