GRAPHICALLY-ORIENTED LINEAR ANALYSIS OF PLANE FRAMES SUBJECTED TO COMPLEX LOADINGS ON MICROCOMPUTERS. FINAL REPORT
Computer program FRAME11 performs a linear elastic analysis of plane frames subjected to complex loading conditions. Enhancements are made to an existing FORTRAN code using currently available hardware and software. The original code runs on a minicomputer with alphanumeric terminals, while the enhanced version runs on a microcomputer with an improved user interface that includes panel-oriented input and extensive use of graphics. Low level assembly language routines are written to provide functions for manipulating screens, and calls to a commercial software package provide functions for graphical capabilities. The existing code is integrated with the new program as subroutines, but no other modifications are made to facilitate avoidance of new error sources. Panel-oriented input eases the user's burden of creating and editing problems. Graphical representation of input data allows error-checking before execution of the code. In addition to the conventional numerical presentation, output data from analysis is also displayed graphically. A menu structure controls access to various capabilities of the software package. FORTRAN 77 is used as the primary language for new code development.
- Research study title: User-Oriented Analysis Packages for Bridges.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
Texas State Department of Highways & Public TransportationTransportation Planning Division, P.O. Box 5051
Austin, TX United States 78763
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Roschke, P N
- Aftab, S
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer graphics; Computer programs; Elastic analysis; Frames; Microcomputers; Software
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interactive graphics; Linear elastic analysis
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Highways; I24: Design of Bridges and Retaining Walls;
- Accession Number: 00491296
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/TX-90/1183-3, Res Rept 1183-3, TTI: 2-5-88-1183-3
- Contract Numbers: Study 2-5-88/9-1183
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1990 12:00AM