LOSS PREVENTION THROUGH SAFETY SELT USE: A HANDBOOK FOR MANAGERS
The purpose of this handbook is to help managers establish an employee safety belt program. The handbook offers a hands-on guide for conducting this program and provides for implementation at all levels. The handbook contains cost information, a program overview, policy and program development information, positive incentive concepts, accident report and record keeping information, education sessions, public relations procedures, and promotional ideas, including a well-coordicated graphics program. All materials are designed to be easily photocopied or reproduced with the organization's logo. The resources section lists readily available materials for rent or loan. Suggestions for updating a loss-management system are also included to allow tracking collisions and the extent of safety belt use before and after a specific campaign. Also, an evaluation guide is suggested for program analysis. The education sessions can also be used as part of community outreach programs.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1986-9
- Pagination: 171 p.
- TRT Terms: Employers; Guides to information; Handbooks; Manual safety belts; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00491255
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GPO 050-003-00427-8, HS-806 955
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1990 12:00AM