THE PROFIT IN SAFETY BELTS. AN INTRODUCTION TO AN EMPLOYER'S PROGRAM
This booklet identifies important reasons for implementing a safety belt use program, gives examples of successful ongoing programs, and provides a guide for developing a company plan. Section titles are as follows: Who Needs It?; The Case for Safety Belts; The Hidden Cost of Crashes; The Bottom Line: Lives, Injuries and Money Saved; Is it Worth the Effort?; Developing Your Plan of Action; Management Commitment; Required Safety Belt Use; Positive Incentives; Education; Recordkeeping; Promotion; Outreach; Auditing and Evaluation; In Summary; Passive Restraints; And Now.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1986-5
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Employers; Guides to information; Manual safety belts; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00491254
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GPO181-783-814/54760, HS-806 954
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 28 1990 12:00AM