MATERIALS AND MAN'S NEEDS. VOLUME II. THE NEEDS, PRIORITIES, AND OPPORTUNITIES FOR MATERIALS RESEARCH
Volume 2 of this report begins with a discussion of how materials research is related to various national goals or areas of impact. The results of a comprehensive survey of materials research properties are presented, both for applied research related to these areas of impact and for basic research. A description is given of several of the more prominent materials research opportunities, both basic and applied.
- Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-245 978-SET, PC$34.00.
National Academy of SciencesCommittee on the Survey of Materials and Engineering
Washington, DC USA 20418
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 379 p.
- TRT Terms: Astronomy; Biological materials; Commodities; Development; Dwellings; Electric power generation; Electronics; Environment; Environmental engineering; Materials; Medical equipment; Natural resources; Nuclear energy; Planning; Policy; Recommendations; Research; Science; Strategic planning; Surveys; Telecommunications; Transportation
- Candidate Terms: Astronautics
- Old TRIS Terms: Biomaterials; Commodity management; Environmental surveys; Government policies
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Materials; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093677
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C310
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM