OBSERVATIONS ABOARD THE S.S. DOCTOR LYKES, VOYAGE NUMBER 55
A study of operations aboard typical ocean-going freight vessels is reported. This report covers observations aboard the S.S. Doctor Lykes on Voyage No. 55 from the Gulf Coast to the Mediterranean. It also considers such shoreside operations as appeared to bear most directly on vessel manning and shipboard operations. Vessel operating information detailed covers: (1) man-hours and costs for shipboard operations and activities; (2) descriptions of methods, techniques, equipment and policies; (3) possible application of technical developments in other fields suggested by voyage observations; (4) the utility or usage of various pieces of equipment; and (5) suggestions for design or construction changes toward operational betterments.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number SRI-VR-3.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX USA 78228-0510
- Dial, B C
- Publication Date: 1961-5-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo ships; Personnel performance; Shipboard personnel; Vessel operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00026384
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Prog Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1851
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM