PRELIMINARY SAFEGUARDS REPORT FOR THE EXPERIMENTAL BERYLLIUM OXIDE REACTOR (EBOR)
Summary safeguard information for the experimental beryllium oxide reactor (EBOR) to be located at the National Reactor Test Station at Arco, Idaho is given. The EBOR is designed to develop the concept of the beryllia-moderated gas-cooled reactor. Experiment objectives are to demonstrate reactor safety, reliability, operability, and controllability, to provide a basis for developing specific power plant applications, and to advance high temperature gas-cooled reactor technology. The experimental facility has been analyzed sufficiently to establish that it may be operated safely. This report covers site, facility and experimental equipment description, plant operation, and hazards evaluation.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GA-2052.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Publication Date: 1961-5-15
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Nuclear reactor coolants; Nuclear reactors; Test facilities
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026383
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GA-2052
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-187
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM