IMPACTS OF CLIMATIC CHANGE ON THE BIOSPHERE. CIAP MONOGRAPH 5. PART 1. ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION EFFECTS (CHAPTERS 4 THROUGH 10)
This report presents data related to: Plant responses to UV radiation; Responses to UV radiation by bacteria, algae, protozoa, aquatic invertebrates, and insects; Nonhuman vertebrate responses to UV radiation; Biomedical implications of UV changes for man; Predicting evolutionary response of natural populations to increased UV radiation; Error and sensitivity analysis of estimated biological responses to ultraviolet perturbation; Monitoring for effects of stratospheric aviation - biospheric impact and assessment (mesa III).
- See also PB-247 724 and PB-247 726.
Institute for Defense AnalysesScience and Technology Division
Arlington, VA United States 22202
Department of TransportationClimatic Impact Assessment Program, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 704 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Anatomy; Animals; Biology; Cancer; Diseases and medical conditions; Ecology; Eye; Human beings; Insects; Ionizing radiation; Marine biology; Microorganisms; Plants; Radiation doses; Radiation hazards; Radiation monitoring; Skin; Solar radiation; Stratosphere; Supersonic transport planes; Ultraviolet radiation
- Old TRIS Terms: Dosimetry; Evolution development; Eye anatomy; Radiation effects; Radiation tolerance; Radiobiology; Solar ultraviolet radiation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093625
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-75-55 Final Rpt., Mono-5-Pt-1-Ch-4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30057
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM