IMPACTS OF CLIMATIC CHANGE ON THE BIOSPHERE. CIAP MONOGRAPH 5. PART 1. ULTRAVIOLET RADIATION EFFECTS (CHAPTERS 1 THROUGH 3)
This report presents data related to: Expected changes in solar UV radiation; Impacts of elevated UV-B radiation intensities on the biosphere; Potential depletion of the ozone column from stratospheric flight; Expected changes in the middle UV and biologically effective doses; Penetration of solar ultraviolet radiation into terrestrial plant communities; Penetration of ultraviolet radiation into natural waters; General UV-radiation physics and photobiological principles; Effects of UV radiation on nucleic acids; Genetic and chromosomal effects of UV radiation; Linking photobiological studies at 254 NM with UV-B.
- See also PB-247 725.
Institute for Defense AnalysesScience and Technology Division
Arlington, VA USA 22202
Department of TransportationClimatic Impact Assessment Program, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 632 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Animals; Ecology; Genetics; Human beings; Ionizing radiation; Marine biology; Ozone; Plants; Radiation doses; Radiation hazards; Radiation monitoring; Skin; Solar radiation; Stratosphere; Supersonic transport planes; Ultraviolet radiation
- Old TRIS Terms: Dosimetry; Nucleic acids; Radiation effects; Radiation tolerance; Solar ultraviolet radiation
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-75-55 Final Rpt., Mono-5-Pt-1-Ch-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30057
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM