TEST TRAIN PROGRAM SIXTH PROGRESS REPORT
This report describes the progress of the Rail Research Program involving operation of the FRA test cars and the performance of other rail research efforts during the period 1 July 1973 to 30 June 1974. Highlights of the work reported include operation of the FRA test cars to perform track surveys and other rail research activities; test car upgrading; expansion of the Rail Research Program; and data management and data analysis tasks which have been undertaken to benefit railroad technology. The Rail Research Program primarily involves the operation and instrumentation of the FRA test cars. This research program is designed to provide high-speed measurement of railroad track characteristics, development of comprehensive track measurement techniques, development of special testing instrumentation, and data evaluation through analysis and electronic processing.
- See also PB-241419. 1.51
Ensco, Incorporated5400 Port Royal Road
Springfield, VA USA 22151
- Peterson, C
- KAUFMAN, W M
- Yang, T L
- Corbin, J C
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 124 p.
- TRT Terms: Data collection; Data processing; Inspection cars; Instrumentation; Maintenance of way; Measuring instruments; Railroad tracks; Structural design; Test vehicles; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track geometry
- Old TRIS Terms: Test cars; Track response investigations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128640
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD&D-75-25 Prog Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-20032
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 14 1977 12:00AM