FREIGHT CAR PLANNING: FINAL SYSTEM PLAN, UNITED STATES RAILWAY ASSOCIATION
This report uses the financial results from the Final System Plan forecasts to evaluate freight car planning for four potential Conrail entities. The entities are MARC-EL, Penn Central/Ann Arbor, Conrail IV, and Conrail V. Changes in assumptions and data sources for freight car equipment forecasts are included. Final System Plan forecasts, the interim financials, and the increase of the two are given. Financial summary and equipment utilization for 1976-1985 are forecasted. Updates earlier volume (PB 239-037) dated January 1975.
- Sponsorship was from U.S. Railway Association.
Strong, Wishart and Associates, Incorporated50 California Street
San Francisco, CA USA
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Car ownership (Railroads); Car supply (Railroads); Car utilization (Railroads); Finance; Forecasting; Investments; Planning
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Old TRIS Terms: Car supply
- Subject Areas: Economics; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128639
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: United States Railway Association
- Report/Paper Numbers: USRA-R-007.2
- Contract Numbers: USRA-C-50054
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM