PIPELINE INDUSTRY'S PRACTICES USING PLASTIC PIPE IN GAS PIPELINE FACILITIES AND THE RESULTING SAFETY FACTORS
The report summarizes the results of a literature and questionnaire response evaluation related to the performance of plastic pipe in gas, water, and sewer systems; emphasis is on gas distribution. The areas covered indicate use, criteria for selection, quality control, physical properties, construction practices, and maintenance and operating practices. A complete listing of references and a summary of individual state regulatory commission's requirements are also included.
- Prepared in cooperation with Extrusion Control Technology, Santa Barbara, Calif. Final Technical Report.
Toups CorporationSanta Ana, CA United States
Department of TransportationOffice of Pipeline Safety, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
Extrusion Control TechnologySanta Barbara, CA United States
- Pierce, J W
- Steffora, M B
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 436 p.
- TRT Terms: Fittings; Gas pipelines; Installation; Materials; Pipe; Pipeline transportation; Piping systems; Plastic pipe; Quality control; Safety engineering; Specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials specifications; Pipe fittings
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Pipelines;
- Accession Number: 00093613
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/OPS-75/07
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40164
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM