SELF-REGULATION STUDY PROGRAM FOR THE CONSOLIDATED NUCLEAR STEAM GENERATOR
A self-regulation study program for the consolidated nuclear steam generator (CNSG) of the N.S. Savannah is reported. Proposals are made to 1) study the nuclear, thermal, and operational problems associated with self-regulation, 2) produce a conceptual design of a self-regulating CNSG, 3) demonstrate analytically the feasibility of the concept, 4) prepare a cursory cost analysis and evaluate the concept's economic potential, and 5) prepare a program to develop the self-regulation concept. Program analysis, organization, and scheduling are outlined.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-SE.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Publication Date: 1961-10-13
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic analysis; Electric power plants; Nuclear power; Nuclear reactors; Regulation; Steam
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic power plants; Nuclear reactor design; Steam regulation
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM