REPORT ON THE RAILROAD TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (8TH), FEDERAL RAILROAD ADMINISTRATION 1974
The Secretary of Transportation is required to report at least annually to the President and the Congress on the activities carried out under the High Speed Ground Transportation (HSGT) Act of 1965 as amended and extended. This Eighth Report covers not only HSGT-fund research, development and demonstrations programs administered by the Office of Research, Development and Demonstration (ORD&D) of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in accordance with section 10(a) of the Act, but also encompasses related work performed under appropriations for advancing railroad technology and safety.
- See also report dated 1973, PB-233 064.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Fire prevention; Fires; Freight cars; Freight terminals; High speed ground transportation; Intermodal terminals; Passenger transportation; Prevention; Railroad cars; Railroad safety; Railroad terminals; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroad yards; Railroads; Rapid transit; Research; Safety; Safety engineering; Tank cars; Traffic control
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Tank car safety
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093609
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD/D-76-127 Annual Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM