RESEARCH PROGRAMME FOR REDUCTION OF NOISE IN SHORT-DISTANCE RAIL TRANSPORT. PART 1
Although rail transit does not create as much of a nuisance to the environment as does motor vehicles, the noise levels due mainly to vibrations is still a cause of concern and complaints. Described are efforts to be undertaken in a two phase research program. Phase I will investigate the principles of generation, propagation and reduction of noise and vibrations. Phase II will deal with the operational testing of suitable reduction measures.
- French title is: Programme de recherches pour la reduction du bruit dans les transports urbains sur rails. 1iere Partie and the german title is: Forschungsprogramm Larmminderung im Schienennahverkehr. Teil 1.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- KRUGER, F
- Publication Date: 1989-8
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 298-313
- TRT Terms: Distance; Light rail transit; Noise control; Research; Short haul; Streetcars; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00490935
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 38-3/89
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1990 12:00AM