PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND DEVELOPING COUNTRIES
Problems facing developing countries in addressing transportation needs include lack of infrastructure or aging infrastructure, lack of financing, population overgrowth, lack of qualified professionals, fare inadequacies, vehicle maintenance and ever increasing demand. Some possible solutions to be investigated include private sector involvement in the provision of public transportation, and taxation of public transportation users and automobile users.
- French title is: Transports publics et pays en developpment and the german title is: Der oeffentliche Verkehr und die Entwicklungslander.
Brussels, Belgium BE-1080
- QUIDORT, M
- Publication Date: 1989-8
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 275-286
- TRT Terms: Developing countries; Finance; Maintenance; Private enterprise; Public transit; User charges
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial sources
- Subject Areas: Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00490933
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Vol 38-3/89
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1990 12:00AM