PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1974-1975 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) CARS AND EQUIPMENT
This survey of the annual ASME report covers some of the major developments in freight and passenger equipment made public in the last calendar year. Because of federal legislation and, in general, a continuing shortage of oil, the need for cars to haul low sulfur coal is still large. The establishment of "Rail Box" has created a large need for a "standardized" general purpose box car. In the people transport area, rapid transit is continuing to grow and new equipment is in the offing for Amtrak.
- This paper was contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas, November 30 - December 5, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- MANOS, W P
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Box cars; Covered hopper cars; Electric automobiles; Electric vehicles; Freight cars; Gondola cars; High speed rail; Hopper cars; Light rail vehicles; Multiple unit trains; Passenger cars; Rapid transit cars; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car component design; Car design; Freight car design; Passenger car design; Railbox
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00128621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-WA/RT-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1981 12:00AM