PROGRESS IN RAILWAY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING (1974-1975 REPORT OF SURVEY COMMITTEE) LOCOMOTIVES
This report covers motive power designs that have been delivered and developments undertaken in the survey period of September 1, 1974 to September 1, 1975. Data and photographs for six new diesel locomotives, two electric locomotives and four diesel train sets are presented. Electrification plans on a world-wide basis are also discussed.
- This paper was contributed by the Rail Transportation Division of the ASME for presentation at the Winter Annual Meeting, Houston, Texas, November 30 - December 5, 1975.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Baker, P H
- Schulze, F W
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Diesel hydraulic locomotives; Diesel multiple unit cars; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Multiple unit trains; Switching locomotives; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128620
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: 75-WA/RT-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM