THE DYNAMIC RESPONSE OF HELICOID ANEMOMETERS
The results of an analytical and experimental investigation of the dynamic response of a helicoid anemometer are presented. The experimental investigation was conducted using the NBS Unsteady Flow Facility and data are presented which illustrate the dynamic behavior in a spatially uniform, fluctuating flow with varying amplitudes, frequencies, and mean velocities. An analytical model governing the dynamic response is also presented and compared with the experimental results.
National Bureau of StandardsAerodynamic Section
Washington, DC United States 20234
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McMichael, J M
- Klebanoff, P S
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Anemometers; Correlation analysis; Dynamic loads; Flow; Mathematical models; Perturbations; Test procedures; Torque; Unsteady flow; Velocity; Wind
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Experimental data; Steady flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Harmonic analysis; Wind velocity
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00093596
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-772 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 4 1976 12:00AM