TECHNICAL PRESENTATION TO U.S. COAST GUARD, N.S. SAVANNAH REACTOR HEAD
The technical presentation for the N.S. Savannah reactor head, made to the Coast Guard, is given. Data is included on: buttering of "J" grooves, method of welding nozzles to the head, internal stainless steel cladding of mechanism tubes, external carbon steel buttering of mechanism tubes, stainless steel weld buttering on ends of nozzles, and weld between nozzle forging and the bi-metal tube. A sketch of the method of attaching nozzles to the head is included, as are the meeting agenda and correspondence. The ASME boiler and pressure vessel code is also attached.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-T.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyQuality Control Department
Barberton, OH United States
- Publication Date: 1961-4-14
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic welding; Bonding; Bonding and joining; Design; Nozzles; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Stresses
- Old TRIS Terms: Nozzle stress; Nuclear reactor design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026375
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Rpt
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM