SAVANNAH NUCLEAR POWER, REPORT ON OUTSTANDING PHASE 2 TESTS
Outstanding Phase 2 tests are reported for the nuclear power system of the N.S. Savannah. Data is given on various outstanding items, accompanied by reference sources and test results. The reports include: performance testing of the loss of flow circuits of the safety system, and of the control rod drive mechanisms after installation of new buffer seal shafts; strength and leak testing of portions of the buffer seal and gaseous adsorption equipment subsequent to the completion of minor modifications; leak tightness of the containment vessel manways and of the seal welds on the primary system pumps; labeling of all important components of the nuclear power plant; performance testing of primary system relief valves; emergency cooling sea water pump operation; and performance testing of the reactor compartment ventilation system.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number NSS-104A.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationSavannah Nuclear Technology Department
Camden, NJ USA
- Publication Date: 1961-12-18
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power plants; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor components; Nuclear reactor coolants; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Control rod mechanisms; Test evaluation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSS-104A
- Contract Numbers: MA-1675
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM