NS SAVANNAH MAINTENANCE (THE DEVELOPMENTAL PERIOD)
The maintenance and servicing work to be performed by a N.S. Savannah contractor are described and the associated hazards are evaluated. The work program is described with detailed step-by-step procedures included for selected typical jobs. Accidents with significant potential hazard are postulated, and the available safeguards are discussed. Conclusions as to the probability of occurrence and the potential associated hazard are presented for each postulated accident. Included are descriptions of the contractor organization responsible for carrying out the activities, and of the special facilities and equipment available or being planned. Working relationships with other participating corporations are not included, since they appear in a related report.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number T-6-NSM.
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
Todd Shipyards CorporationLos Angeles Division
San Pedro, CA United States
- Publication Date: 1961-12
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 161 p.
- TRT Terms: Maintenance; Maintenance management; Maintenance practices; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear radiation; Nuclear reactors; Risk assessment; Safety; Schedules
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear hazard evaluation; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026371
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: MA-1889, MA-2206
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 6 1973 12:00AM