MORE TRACK TIME FOR TIE RENEWALS
Described is a tie remover-inserter that can run both off and on track. The machine has a telescoping boom that is part of the removal/inserting mechanism and is based on a specially modified John Deere 510C four-wheel drive backhoe/loader for offtrack mobility. It can transfer ties to and from the rail in six to seven minutes replacing worn ties at a rate of up to 120 ties per hour.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1989-10
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 2 p.
- TRT Terms: Equipment replacement; Maintenance of way; Performance; Productivity; Railroad ties
- Uncontrolled Terms: Removal; Replacement
- Old TRIS Terms: Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00489841
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1989 12:00AM