IMMIGRATION AND NATURALIZATION SERVICE MULTIPURPOSE VEHICLE. T. R. PRODUCE COMPANY TRUCK COLLISION, NEAR EL CENTRO, CALIFORNIA, MARCH 8, 1974
The report analyzes a collision of a multipurpose vehicle (MPV) with a parked tractor-semitrailer. The MPV, operated by the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, was transporting 18 Mexican nationals. The MPV driver and 12 of the nationals received fatal injuries; the 6 surviving nationals received minor to severe injuries. The National Transportation Safety Board determines that the probable cause of this collision was that the MPV left the roadway and collided with a tractor-trailer parked approximately 15 feet off of the pavement. The MPV left the roadway because it was not under the control of the driver for reasons unknown.
- Highway Accident Report.
National Transportation Safety BoardOffice of Surface Transportation Safety
Washington, DC USA 20594
- Publication Date: 1975-9-4
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Casualties; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Fatalities; Research; Tractor trailer combinations; Traffic crashes; Trailers; Truck tractors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00093538
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-HAR-75-6
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 21 1976 12:00AM