INSTRUCTIONS, ENGINEERS OPERATING MANUAL MISCELLANEOUS SERVICES SYSTEMS, NS SAVANNAH
Material presented in the manual, based on design and construction information applicable to the New York Shipbuilding Corporation built vessel (Maritime Administration Number 55), provides general instruction for the operation of engineering piping and electrical systems and related equipment at maximum efficiency, supplemental to the content of the Government Furnished Engineers Operating Manual for Nuclear Reactor and Propulsion Plant. Part 1 contains pertinent information on auxiliary machinery and equipment rating, tank capacities and references to manufacturers' instruction books. Part 2 offers a general description of the principal engineering piping systems, with accompanying diagrammatic arrangement plans and detailed description and instruction for the manner of operation. The third part contains information concerning the electrical plant and installations with accompanying diagrams, including a general description of the systems and detailed instructions for the operation of the vital electrical equipment. In general, the illustrations included are schematic or diagrammatic and are not intended to be used as working drawings.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number M-4-I.
New York Shipbuilding CorporationEngineering Department
Camden, NJ USA
- Publication Date: 1961-3
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 311 p.
- TRT Terms: Electrical systems; Nuclear powered ships; Operations; Piping systems; Training devices
- Old TRIS Terms: Operational procedures
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Education and Training; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026366
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: Instr Man
- Contract Numbers: MA-1675
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM