AUTOMATED DESIGN OF CONTINUOUS BRIDGES WITH PRECAST PRESTRESSED CONCRETE BEAMS, VOLUME III: SHEAR AND MOMENT ENVELOPE PROGRAM USER'S INSTRUCTIONS
A computer program to compute shear and moment envelopes for continuous beams has been written. The program, which was originally written as a subroutine for a continuous beam design program, handles a number of different live and dead loads. Included among these is an axle train (vehicle with up to 15 arbitrarily spaced wheels) which can be used to study the effects of overloaded or unusual vehicle configurations. A standard input form is used and the degree of detail of the output is user specified.
- Research sponsored by Texas State Dept. of Hwys and Public Transp. and performed in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Jones, H L
- Harris, Devin K.
- Furr, H L
- Publication Date: 1974-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Beams; Computer programs; Continuous structures; Live loads; Moments (Mechanics); Shear strength; Static loads
- Uncontrolled Terms: Continuous beams
- Old TRIS Terms: Moments
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00128519
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR 22-1(F) Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: 2-5-73-22
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM