TRUCK NOISE III-G. FIELD TEST OF FREIGHTLINER QUIETED TRUCK
The results of the field test and operational performance evaluation of the Freightliner Quieted Cab-Over-Engine Diesel Truck are presented. The vehicle was subjected to regular over-the-highway linehaul service with Mid-American Lines of Kansas City, Missouri, and was operated mainly over a 500 mile run from Chicago to Kansas City. During the 11 month field test, the vehicle accumulated 112,000 miles. The report contains a description of the Quieted Truck, the Mid-American operation, the field test, and the final inspection and testing at the conclusion of the field test.
- Prepared in cooperation with Freightliner Corp., Portland, Oreg. See also PB-240 011.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated50 Moulton Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02138
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
Freightliner Corporation2525 SW Third Avenue
Portland, OR United States 97201
- BENDER, E K
- Kaye, M C
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 172 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Diesel engines; Diesel trucks; Engines; Fans; Field tests; Fuel consumption; Line haul; Maintenance; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Performance tests; Traffic noise; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Cooling fans; Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093492
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76-29
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM