SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GYRATORY TEST MACHINE
The gyratory test machine is critically assessed. Results obtained from tests on the machine are shown to depend on the size of specimen tested, and on various machine characteristics not explicitly specified by the maker. Results may be unique for each particular machine. A simple modal of GTM action has been developed to show how inelastic specimen response is associated with a tendency for large gyrograph angles.
Ministry of Works, New ZealandCentral Laboratories
Wellington North, New Zealand
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Gyratory testing machines; Inelastic stress; Specimens; Testing equipment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Inelastic action
- Old TRIS Terms: Gyratory tests
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00128499
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 4-75/1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM