NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 4B. SYSTEM SIMULATION OF SCENARIO 14
This report covers the findings resulting from a LOGSIM simulation which identifies the required improvements and changes in facilities, and the estimated cost thereof, to handle estimated high potential demand for rail services in the NEC in 1990, and to meet the service criteria established for CorridorRail service. Included, in this analysis, is a comparison of the estimated costs for physical plant improvement and changes for Scenario 14 with those developed for Scenario 13 in the report on Task 11S, Improvement Plan for Physical Plant With Estimated Costs, August 1975.
- See also PB-243 419.
Bechtel Corporation15740 Shady Grove Road
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gillespie, C W
- Arnlund, R
- Olsen, K A
- Clausing, E
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Estimates; Forecasting; Freight transportation; High speed rail; Improvements; Mathematical models; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroad tracks; Railroad tunnels; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Scheduling; Simulation; Standards; Traffic delays; Transportation; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Revisions; Transportation models
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Rapid transit railways; Track standards
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00093491
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/4B
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM