PAVEMENT INSPECTION REFERENCE MANUAL
This report is designed as an aid for the individual performing pavement inspections as part of an overall pavement maintenance and repair system. The types of distress found in asphalt and concrete-surfaced pavements are presented; severity levels for each distress type are established and illustrated. The severity levels were based on the effect of the distress on maintenance and repair needs and priorities, ride quality, safety, and structural integrity.
Army Construction Engineering Research LaboratoryP.O. Box 4005
Champaign, IL United States 61820
- Shahin, M Y
- Darter, M I
- Rozanski, Fm
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 69 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Concrete pavements; Defects; Inspection; Pavement distress; Pavement maintenance; Pavement performance; Pavements; Riding qualities
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00128489
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CERL-TIP-C-48 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 14 2003 12:00AM