TIME TO TALK "TURNKEY"?
The concepts of design-build, turnkey and build-operate-transfer (BOT) are explained to illustrate the differences among the three. Turnkey operations which give a single contractor or group of contractors responsibility to plan, build, equip, and sometimes operate a system has proven successful in Hong Kong, Italy, France and Bangkok, Thailand. It is just beginning to garner serious interest in North America in the transit industry. This process of conducting business can save time, money and help attract private capital. Tips for effective procurement of turnkey project developers are also given.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1989-9
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction projects; Contractors; Private enterprise; Public transit
- Uncontrolled Terms: Turnkey systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Law; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00488010
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1989 12:00AM