OIL TRANSPORTATION BY TANKERS: AN ANALYSIS OF MARINE POLLUTION AND SAFETY MEASURES
This report presents a factual background on tankers and a discussion of issues related to the safety of tanker operation and the potential presented by tankers for introducing polluting oil into the marine environment. The report focuses on technical alternatives concerning the design, construction and operation of tankers in U.S. waters as these relate to safety and pollution prevention. Supertanker operations are given emphasis when they present particular or unusual problems.
Office of Technology AssessmentWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 305 p.
- TRT Terms: Marine safety; Petroleum; Safety; Ship operations; Tankers; Transportation safety; Water quality management
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker operations; Tanker safety
- Subject Areas: Environment; Geotechnology; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00128434
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM