INHIBITION OF HYDROGEN EMBRITTLEMENT IN HIGH STRENGTH STEEL
This report involved a study of the effect of rare earth additions on the hydrogen embrittlement resistance of 4340 steel. Attempts were made in this study to improve the hydrogen embrittlement and stress corrosion resistance of hydrogenated 4340.
- Kortovich, C S
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Embrittlement; High strength steel; Stress corrosion; Stress cracking; Stresses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Hydrogen embrittlement
- Old TRIS Terms: Corrosion cracking
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00128433
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: TRW-ER-7814-1 Tech Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-74-C-0365
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1975 12:00AM