APPARATUS FOR MEASURING SKIN FRICTION
The patent concerns a ring shaped element placed in the path of flowing fluid. Gravity holds the element down until skin frictional forces of the flowing fluid lift it off its seat. At the point of lift-off the precise degree of skin friction is known.
- Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the ArmyPentagon Building
Washington, DC United States 20310
- Bush, C C
- Publication Date: 1973-2-6
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Patents; Skin friction; Skin resistance
- Old TRIS Terms: Patents (Skin friction measurement)
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128430
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-100018 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1975 12:00AM