LORAN-C CYCLE MATCHING OPERATIONAL EVALUATION IN NORTH PACIFIC AREA
A Loran-C cycle matching receiver, (Teledyne Model TDL-302) was evaluated during normal aircraft service as a potential replacement for Loran-A. The system was installed on a Continental Air Lines/Air Micronesia 727-100 aircraft and data were collected in the North Pacific Area primarily between Honolulu and Guam. The program results indicate that Loran-C is a satisfactory substitute for Loran-A in the evaluation area. In most cases, the coverage was much more adequate than the present Loran-A coverage. The Loran-C system under evaluation will require much less crew attention than the present Loran-A system.
Continental Air Lines IncorporatedLos Angeles, CA USA
- Hamilton, J R
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Loran; Performance tests; Tables (Data)
- Geographic Terms: North Pacific Ocean
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00093451
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FAA-RD-75-142
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WA-3607
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 14 1976 12:00AM