NS SAVANNAH, STRENGTH ANALYSIS OF PRIMARY SYSTEM BOLTING
Bolts used for holding all components of the N.S. Savannah primary high pressure systems inside the containment vessel are reviewed under normal operating and emergency conditions. Bolts designed for specific service applications which are not necessarily covered by the American Standards Association (ASA) ratings and are not standard industrial items were tested under primary gasket leak, additional vertical weight, additional force, and nuclear radiation conditions. Bolts designed and fabricated in accordance with ASA standards to conform to specified temperature ratings were reviewed with respect to primary system diagrams, equipment specifications and drawings, bills of materials, and reports and operating manuals.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-23(b)-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY United States
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1961-2
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Materials selection; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Radioactive materials
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials evaluation; Nuclear reactor materials
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026349
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-23(b)-1
- Contract Numbers: MA-1889
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM