FRAME BRACING PAYS OFF
The frame brace design is easy to install on any three-piece truck, irrespective of brake type, requiring no special maintenance tools. It consists of a pair of heavy duty steel rods mounted in an x-pattern between the side frames. After considerable testing, Burlington Northern determined that this design would eliminate speed restrictions imposed on certain types of cars when traveling empty by preventing truck hunting or derailment, extend wheel life and bring about substantial resistance-fuel saving benefits.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Car trucks (Railroads); Hunting (Dynamics); Retrofitting; Speed limits; Trucks; Wear; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Frame brace
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00486630
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1989 12:00AM