RAILS SHIFT TO SERVICE, PRODUCTIVITY
Service and productivity were the main themes at the 25th International Railway Congress held in Moscow. It was determined that these two elements must be at the forefront of any railroad restructuring plans and that: higher speed trains is one of the options to successfully competing with air and road transport; freight service must entail not only getting the goods to the customer, but also service in the form of data and information exchange; just-in-time freight service as well as other freight service improvements ; computerization; train control management systems and information processing; interacting with other railroads as European railroads are beginning to do; and dealing with environmental issues such as energy, pollution, and congestion.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Computers; Freight transportation; Improvements; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Productivity; Restructuring; Workshops
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00486629
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1989 12:00AM