SHINKANSEN EXTENSIONS AT LOWER COST
The Japanese government launched a new phase of construction embracing such compromises as dual-gauging narrow gauge lines to cut the overall cost. Further measures are still needed to meet noise and vibration limits before speed can be increased.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: https://www.library.northwestern.edu/find-borrow-request/requests-interlibrary-loan/lending-institutions.html
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 3 p.
- TRT Terms: Environmental impacts; Ground settlement; High speed rail; Narrow gage track; Railroad construction; Sound level; Vibration
- Identifier Terms: Shinkansen
- Old TRIS Terms: Low costs; Vibration levels
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00486613
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 31 1989 12:00AM