ANALYSIS OF ALTERNATIVES IN ALLEVIATING RAILROAD-COMMUNITY CONFLICTS IN JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA. VOLUME 1
This report consists of two volumes reporting the results of the analysis of alternatives available to solve or alleviate the impact of railroad operations in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana. Volume 1 records the background and description material collected, the alternatives studied, a brief description of the methodologies used to analyze each alternative, and the costs and benefits of each feasible alternative. Both in-place and relocation alternatives were studied and analyzed in terms of construction costs, railroad costs, and community costs. The purpose of Volume 1 is to present probable impacts of each alternative upon the parties involved.
- See also Volume 2, PB-246 310.
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15206
Federal Railroad Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 357 p.
- TRT Terms: Aesthetics; Benefit cost analysis; Communities; Feasibility analysis; Highway traffic; Improvements; Intersections; Lines of track; Noise control; Overpasses; Pedestrians; Problem solving; Public relations; Railroad bridges; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Regional planning; Relocation (Facilities); Routing; Rural areas; Scheduling; Social factors; Social impacts; Socioeconomic factors; Streets; Traffic safety; Underpasses; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Relocation
- Geographic Terms: Louisiana
- Old TRIS Terms: Line relocation; Noise attenuation; Operating strategies; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Railroads; Society;
- Accession Number: 00093443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA-RP-3007-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-4-3007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1976 12:00AM