COMMERCIAL DRIVING SCHOOL INSTRUCTOR: PROJECT AT OHLONE COLLEGE
A driver education task analysis was completed and instructional material was developed under a different contract but in conjunction with this and a companion project. Different editions of a teacher's guide were written for (1) secondary schools and (2) driving schools. The former was disseminated through the companion project, i.e., workshops for college and university teacher-educators. The Driving School edition was utilized in conjunction with pilot projects in two selected community colleges: Essex in New Jersey and Ohlone in California. A model 2-year Associate Degree was planned and courses specific to the teaching performance of the driving school instructor were developed and lesson material written.
American Association Community and Junior Colleges1 Dupont Circle, NW
Washington, DC USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver training; Drivers; Driving instructors; Education; Instructors; Schools; Specialized training; Traffic safety; Universities and colleges
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00093442
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-746
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-207-2-337
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 2003 12:00AM