UMTA TRANSPORTATION PLANNING SYSTEM REFERENCE MANUAL
Developed by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration, the UMTA Transportation Planning System (UTPS) is a collection of IBM System/360-370 computer programs for use in planning multimodal urban transportation systems. The objective of UTPS is to provide transportation planners with readily available, tested, and easy to use planning tools. This document summarizes information on the function and use of the UTPS program. It discusses general program operation and contains each individual program's operating instructions. This manual also describes all UTPS datasets, and explains how UTPS is installed at a user's computing facility. Sections of the manual include system control statements, subject program control statements, program writeup organization, software system description, data file formats, cataloged procedures, and program writeups.
- Supersedes PB-231 865.
Urban Mass Transportation AdministrationPlanning Methodology and Technical Support Division
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 512 p.
- TRT Terms: Building; Coding systems; Computer programming; Computer programs; Data processing; Facilities; Information systems; Installation; Manuals; Multimodal transportation; Planning; Programming manuals; Public transit; Rapid transit; Software; Systems analysis; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Data systems; Multimodal transportation systems
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00093441
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UTP.184.108.40.206, UMTA-IT-06-0050-75-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1981 12:00AM