PAVEMENT PERFORMANCE AND PAVEMENT DISTRESS AS DETERMINANTS OF BASE COURSE STRUCTURAL EQUIVALENCIES. VOLUME 8
The report is the eighth of an eight-volume series which constitutes the Interim Report for PennDOT Research Project 71-7 entitled 'An Evaluation of Pennsylvania's Flexible Pavement Design Methodology.' This volume deals with the determination of structural layer equivalencies for the four stabilized base courses by the performance approach and the evaluation of the AASHO design method. A promising relationship which was found to exist between pavement thickness and pavement performance is also discussed.
- Sponsored in part by Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation, Harrisburg. Bureau of Materials, Testing and Research. See also PB-232 930.
Pennsylvania State University, University ParkPennsylvania Transportation Institute, Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA USA 16802
Washington, DC USA 20590
Harrisburg, PA USA 17112
- Dunn, H C
- Lindow, E S
- Larson, T D
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 133 p.
- TRT Terms: Base course (Pavements); Computer programs; Cracking; Defects; Design; Flexible pavements; Layer coefficient (Pavements); Loads; Pavement design; Pavement distress; Pavement performance; Pavements; Performance evaluations; Roughness; Service life; Test procedures; Thickness; Weathering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement thickness
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Old TRIS Terms: Layer equivalency
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00093439
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PTI-7513 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: PennDOT 71-7
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1976 12:00AM