NS SAVANNAH, SUMMARY OF RECOMMENDATIONS IN REPORT ESI-2(B)-1
A current summary of recommendations is made of a functional analysis report of the various reactor systems for the N.S. Savannah. A summary of general recommendations includes controls, annunciators, instrument power supplies, thermocouple lead wires, and diaphragm operated valve indicating lights. Detailed recommendations include nuclear instrumentation and safety, reactor control, cooling, buffer seal, sampling, waste collection and disposal, radiation monitoring, and primary and secondary systems. Recommendations are given for the control air supply and measurement of steam generators and pressurizer water levels. Equipment placement recommendations are also provided for the buffer seal system.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ESI-34-1.
Ebasco Services IncorporatedTwo Rector Street
New York, NY United States
States Marine Lines, Incorporated,
- Publication Date: 1961-5-25
- Pagination: 26 p.
- TRT Terms: Instrumentation; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor instrumentation; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ESI-34-1 Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-1889
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1974 12:00AM