A FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR PROCESSING TRAFFIC ACCIDENT STATISTICS BY COMPUTER
A report is presented by a working party of two members, one from the home office and one from LAMSAC, which was commissioned in 1973 by the police applications group of LAMSAC, to study road traffic accident statistics with the aim of defining a general computer system for recording and analysis of the various statistics. Current systems are reviewed and the feasibility of the computer system is discussed and assessed. An outline of a general computer system is given, together with costs. /TRRL/
LEMSAC25 Belgrave Square
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Costs; Crash reports; Crashes; Digital computers; Feasibility analysis; Information management; Information organization; Mathematical analysis; Police; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Traffic crashes
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 6471: Analysis (math); 224: Cost; 8673: Digital computer; 8555: Information documentation; 1522: Police; 6555: Statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I81: Accident Statistics;
- Accession Number: 00128289
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rept.
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM