LIABILITY OF PUBLIC AGENCIES ARISING OUT OF REJECTION OF BIDS AND MISAWARD OF CONTRACTS
State highway departments and transportation agencies have a continuing need to keep abreast of operating practices and legal elements of specific problems in highway law. This report was written to aid administrators, engineers, and attorneys who have the responsibility of dealing with the award and rejection of competitive bid construction contracts. The report continues NCHRP policy of keeping the departments up to date on contract matters. It is a new study that will be published in an addendum to Volume 3, "Selected Studies in Highway Law." The contents are as follows: (I) Introduction; (II) The Federal Parallel; (III) The Decision of the Agency Prior to Award; (IV) The Consequences of an Alleged Misaward; and (V) Conclusion.
- Record URL:
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Bower, R W
- Publication Date: 1989-7
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Pagination: 17 p.
- NCHRP Legal Research Digest
- Issue Number: 7
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- TRT Terms: Bids; Contracts; Highway law; Liability; State departments of transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Misaward; Rejection
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Planning and Forecasting; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00486153
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Aug 31 1989 12:00AM