ECONOMIC IMPACT OF AREA NAVIGATION. VOLUME I. MAIN TEXT
This two volume report contains the results of one portion of a comprehensive analysis of the benefits to be derived by both the airspace users and the ATC system operators (FAA) through the implementation of Area Navigation (RNAV). Volume one discusses the effort as configured to be responsive to the basic question raised by the FAA/Industry RNAV Task Force and others, namely, 'What Payoffs can be Expected if RNAV is Phased into the National Airspace System.' To this end, the findings and recommendations of the Task Force have been used as the basic (but not necessarily constraining) guidelines of the study for the purpose of defining the near term and long term navigation and ATC environments.
- See also Volume 2 dated Jul 74, AD-A017 365.
Systems Control, Incorporated260 Sheridan Avenue
Palo Alto, CA United States 94306
Washington, DC United States
- BOLZ, E H
- Clark, W H
- Stephenson, A R
- HEINE, W
- Solomon, H
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Air transportation; Analysis; Costs; Economic analysis; Forecasting; Information systems; Management; Navigation; Needs assessment; Operations; Planning; Systems engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning and control
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Aviation; Economics; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00093422
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt., FAA-RD-75-20-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA72WA-3098
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1976 12:00AM