IS THERE A FUTURE FOR LEAN CONCRETE PAVEMENTS?
This article reviews the possible approaches for more economic, efficient and effective designs for lean concrete pavements. Options include re-examination of the data upon which the indeterminate (long life) designs of flexible composite (lean concrete) pavements were based to permit a reduction in bituminous surfacing thickness, and employing a mode of construction that helps to minimise reflective cracking effects through thin surfacings.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/3831968
Faversham House GroupFaversham House, 111 St James Road
Croydon, Surrey CR9 2TH, England
- Kennedy, J
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: p. 21
- TRT Terms: Bituminous materials; Composite pavements; Lean concrete; Pavement design; Reflection cracking; Surface treating; Thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Bituminous surfacing; Lean mix concrete
- Subject Areas: Highways; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00485555
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 31 1989 12:00AM