WILL THE NEW ADMINISTRATION HELP YOU?
This article examines what effect the new administration, both executive and legislative branches, will have on current transportation issues. Among these issues are the question of money and leadership for the necessary expansion to accommodate an estimated 50% increase in surface transportation and 60% increase in air transportation in the next 12 years, and the problem of the unevenly maintained and deteriorating road and bridge system. In an effort to address these concerns, Better Roads' editors contacted a number of county, state, and federal officals to gain some consensus on the current outlook. Interestingly, most replies at the state and county level were cautious. Many see no appreciable change in the next four years; however, almost all agree on the major problems at hand.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/1519687
- Publication Date: 1989-3
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: p. 22-24
- TRT Terms: Federal government; Infrastructure; Leadership; Problem solving; Transportation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Transportation (General); I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00485358
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 31 1989 12:00AM