RESISTANCE AND PROPULSION TESTS ON TWO SERIES 60 MODELS
Report presents the result of resistance and self-propulsion tests of two David Taylor Model Basin (DTMB) Series 60 parent models carried out at the ship model towing tank at the University of Michigan. Original DTMB parent models were 20 feet long compared to the 14 foot models used at Michigan. DTMB data was used as the basis for comparison. Instrumentation and techniques for propulsion and propeller tests were developed. Data was correlated from the Michigan tank with those of DTMB. Resistance, open-water, and self-propulsion test results are given in graphical form.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number ORA-3509-1-F.
University of Michigan, Ann ArborCollege of Engineering
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
- Michelsen, F C
- Couch, R B
- Kim, H C
- Publication Date: 1961-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Dynamometers; Propulsion; Test procedures; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Model testing; Propulsion tests
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORA-3509-1-F Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2084
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM